top of page

Neighborhood Contacts

Below is useful contact information for our local resources for our area.

The Wilshire Park Association does not endorse or promote any of the businesses below, this is an information list only.

Animal Services

General Info:

If you find a pet and are able to catch the animal and keep it safe.  Take it to a local vet to see if it has a micro chip.  The closest vet is Olympic Pet Hospital who will scan during regular business hours (please note they are closed on the weekends).  There are other vets in the area, but this is the closest.

Olympic Pet Hospital

4125 W Olympic Blvd

Los Angeles, CA 90019

(323) 525-0033

Pawboost and NextDoor are great free resources for telling the neighborhood you have either Found or Lost a Pet.  Pawboost will create a digital flyer for you to either print or share on other social media sites such as NextDoor, Facebook, Instagram, etc..  Pawboost has been called the "Amber Alert for lost pets" anyone signed up for notifications in the area they have specified receives an alert if a pet has been lost or found.

LA Animal Services also has a registration for found pets if you are willing to hold onto the pet vs turning it into the shelter.  Here is the link to read more about the program.


Lost Pets:​

Animals recovered by or turned in to LA Animal Control are brought the West Los Angeles or the South Los Angeles Shelter:

West Los Angeles

11361 W Pico Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90064

888-4LAPET1 (888) 452-7381

South Los Angeles, Chesterfield Square
1850 W. 60th St. Los Angeles, CA 90047
888-4LAPET1 (888) 452-7381

You can also search the shelters by description using their online form:

Pet Harbor also has a search form for all local shelters and humane societies:

Dog Licensing:​​

All dogs over four months of age and kept within the City of Los Angeles must be licensed (LAMC 53.28) and must be spayed or neutered (LAMC 53.15.2(b)). A dog license is valid only when the required rabies vaccination certificate, issued by a licensed veterinarian, is provided to the Department and only as long as the rabies vaccination is effective. (LAMC 53.51 ).

New and renewal licenses are online:

Nuisance barking:​​

Complaints must be filed in writing. Guidelines and instructions are available online:

Crime and Safety

Our Senior Lead Officer for the Olympic Division of the LAPD -- Harry Cho --

Our Local Police Station:

Olympic Community Police Station

1130 S. Vermont
Los Angeles, CA 90006


213-382-4365 TDD/TTY

Our Local Fire Department:

Fire Station 29
4029 West Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90010 CA

Business Tel: 213-485-6229
Report all emergencies to 9-1-1

There are several ways you can report and have graffiti removed.  Locally we have the resources of the KYCC, Koreatown Youth + Community Center.  Their services are provided free of charge for Koreatown residents and business owners through our partnership with the City of Los Angeles, Office of Community Beautification. For more info, email


You can go to their website and it re-routes you to the LA City page to report the graffiti.

You can also report public graffiti through the Public Works website.

Local Government

Mayor of Los Angeles: Karen Bass

Los Angeles City District 5: Katy Yaroslavsky

City Hall Office

200 N. Spring Street, Suite 440 
Los Angeles, CA 90012 
(213) 473-7005

Field Deputy, Michelle Flores

The Greater Wilshire Neighborhood Council Board
Regular Board Meetings are held on the second Wednesday of every month, at 7:00 p.m. at the Ebell of Los Angeles (743 S. Lucerne Blvd. L.A. 90005; SW corner of Wilshire & Lucerne)

State Senate:

District 26: Maria Elena Durazo

US Congress:

District 34: Jimmy Gomez

Parking Enforcement

Vehicles Parked Illegally:​​

To report parking violations such as a blocked driveway please call our dispatch center at (818) 374-4823. When you call, please have as much of the following information as possible: 

  • License Plate

  • Vehicle Make

  • Vehicle Color

  • Vehicle Location (Zip Code, Street, Block Number, and Cross Street)

For more information about Parking Enforcement, contact the LA Department of Transportation:

For Non-Emergency Police Response
1-877-ASK-LAPD or (1-877-275-5273)

For additional non-emergency numbers provided by the LAPD.

To request sidewalk repair, you can fill out an online form on  Repairs that are made through this website are usually tarring.

If you are looking repair your Sidewalk program you can fill out an online application as well.  Please note, the rebate program only partially pays for the repair.  Below is a list of the most frequent questions about the rebate program.

Weekly Trash pick up is on Fridays every week unless there is a holiday that shifts pick up into a Saturday pick up.

For a holiday calendar, please check out the LA Sanitation website:

Trash Can Repair or Replacement:

You will email, with your Address, Trash Can issue and Serial Number.  If your trash can can be repaired they would prefer to repair vs replace.  However, if there is a hole in the trash can it will likely need to be replaced, they usually ask for a picture along with a picture of the serial number of the can.  Sanitation will put you on their schedule and give you a date to leave out your EMPTY trash can for repair or replacement.

Bulky Item Pick up:

To remove these bulky items from your curbside, please call the LASAN Customer Care Center at 1-800-773-2489 at least one business day before your regular collection day. Bulky items are collected on the day of your regular refuse collection. Please have an itemized list of your items ready when calling or submitting your request.

Hazardous Materials disposal:

When it comes to disposing of Hazardous Materials, LA Sanitation (LASAN) has established a number of permanent collection sites throughout the City, known as S.A.F.E. Centers. These S.A.F.E. Centers are open every weekend and provide a convenient way to dispose of your HHW.  In addition to S.A.F.E. Centers, LASAN sponsors periodic Mobile Collection Events throughout the City where residents can drop off their HHW to be disposed of properly.

Request Tree Trimming on your parkway (which is the area between the sidewalk and the street)

Contact Public Works via their website

For urgent matters such as a fallen branch or tree of a city tree, please call LA County Department of Public Works Urgent Request Line at 1-800-675-4357.

California Wildlife Center takes responsibility for the protection of native wildlife through rehabilitation, education, and conservation.  It is dedicated to the rescue and rehabilitation of native California species, who otherwise would be left to suffer from the effects of human encroachment, habitat destruction and environmental damage.


Administration : Call 310-458-9453, Press Option 3

Animal Hospital

Hours: 8 am to 5 pm, seven days a week (Oct-Feb)

8 am to 6 pm, seven days a week (Mar-Sep)

Call 310-458-9453, Press Option 2

Marine Response

Call 310-458-9453, Press Option 1


Customer Contact Center
1-800-DIAL DWP (1-800-342-5397)
Monday-Friday: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturday: 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Sunday and holidays: Closed
Available 24/7 for emergency and outage calls

bottom of page